[Michlib-l] NATIONAL LIBRARY LEGISLATIVE DAY REGISTRATION OPENS TODAY

Membiela, Clare (MDE) MembielaC at michigan.gov
Fri Dec 1 10:26:30 EST 2017

Hello!

As many of you may know, I am succeeding Deb Biggs in the coordination of Michigan's involvement in the National Library Legislative Day.
2018 will be my first year as coordinator. I am very honored and excited to follow Deb, and more than aware of the amazing act I must follow!

This year, 2018, National Library Legislative Day will be  May 7 - 8, 2018.

TODAY - Dec 1, 2017 is the first day of registration AND Hotel reservation for this year's  NLLD

Once again the hotel is the Liaison Hotel.

If you are thinking of attending, I urge you to reserve a hotel room as soon as possible, as the hotel fills quickly

Gale Cengage will once again be offering scholarships to facilitate the attendance of two people.

As soon as I have the information on how to apply for these sponsorships, I will send it on.

Please consider attending as this event provides unique opportunities for use to personally advocate with our Senators and Representatives in Congress.
At this moment in our history, there cannot be enough representation in front of the lawmakers that make so many determinations that affect libraries.
Determinations such as Funding, Net Neutrality and Open Access, to name only a few.

Please review the information at the link below and consider joining myself and your fellow Michigan Librarians in Washington on May 7.

http://www.ala.org/advocacy/advleg/nlld

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions!

Sincerely,
Clare

Clare D. Membiela, MLS, J.D.
Library Law Consultant
Library of Michigan
MembielaC at michigan.gov<mailto:MembielaC at michigan.gov>
517-335-8132

The research and resources above are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem.

Explore the #GoOpen Michigan<http://www.michigan.gov/mde/0,4615,7-140-28753_80670---,00.html> movement and how to make it a reality.  Register today<https://www.solutionwhere.com/ww/Aspx/Public/Search/ShowCourse.aspx?courseNum=110&cId=47> for the #GoOpen Michigan Summit - 12/5/17.

[GoOpen Logo - Transparent.gif]<http://www.michigan.gov/mde-goopen>