[Michlib-l] Employment Opportunity: Head of Reference/Adult Services

JEN Rob Bristow jenrb at llcoop.org
Wed Dec 6 12:32:46 EST 2017

Come join our team! The Georgetown Library is accepting applications for a
Head of Reference/Adult Service position. We will be accepting applications
until we fill the position. Here is some more info:

The Head of Reference/Adult Services performs professional and supervisory
work in planning, implementing, and managing a comprehensive program of
library service to adults and is responsible for all activities assigned to
the Reference/Adult Services Department, including collection development,
services, and programs.  Position reports to the Library Director.

Requirements: Master's degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited
institution with progressively responsible professional library experience,
including adult services, general reference, collection development,
administrative, department head, program planning/execution, and supervisory
experience. A working knowledge/understanding of the principles, methods,
and practices of public library service, including, but not limited to,
searching methods, readers' advisory, and reference interviews/sources is
required. Programming, desktop publishing, and cataloging/assigning call
numbers (DDC) skills and experience essential. Excellent customer service
and interpersonal communication skills necessary. Candidates must possess or
be eligible for Level 2 certification through the Library of Michigan.

Work schedule includes evenings and Saturdays.

This is a salaried position (40+ hours per week) with a benefit package.
Salary is $47,500.

Application deadline: Applications accepted until position is filled.

Apply in writing, completing a Georgetown Township Employment Application
(www.gtpl.org/DocumentCenter/Home/View/587
<http://www.gtpl.org/DocumentCenter/Home/View/587> ), as well as an updated
resume detailing relevant experience and qualifications. (Do not substitute
a resume for completion of the Employment Application.)

Send to:

Georgetown Township Personnel Director

 P.O. Box 769

 Jenison, MI  49429-0769