[Michlib-l] Full Body Storytime Webinar

Lancaster, Catherine (MDE) LancasterC5 at michigan.gov
Fri Dec 8 15:50:49 EST 2017

Reach up high and touch the sky...Reach down low and touch your toes!

Still time to register for December 19th’s webinar on Full Body Storytime.  See the link below for registering and don’t forget our Ready to Read Michigan training January 16th.

~ Cathy Lancaster

Best Storytime Practices a webinar series with Jenifer Strauss continues:

  *   Full Body Storytime<https://www.solutionwhere.com/WW/Aspx/Public/Search/ShowCourse.aspx?courseNum=102&cId=67&pCId=0>: Moving and Grooving with Stories, Songs, Rhythms and Rhymes
Tuesday, December 19, 2017, 2pm EST
Movement is a child’s first language! Combine movement with rhythm and you have the foundation for literacy skills like listening, speaking, reading and writing.
In support of healthy early childhood learning experiences and the ALA Every Child Ready to Read initiative, narrative consultant/storyteller, Jenifer Strauss will host a live webinar featuring stories, songs, play, and movement. Participants will learn how to plan and execute a well-balanced storytime that will allow young patrons to be active and creative with language. Directions for making percussion instruments and props included. PDF handouts of song lyrics and supporting research provided.
Books:
I Knew an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly (your favorite version)
The Talkative Tortoise (India, Haiti, Anishinabek origins)
The Enormous Turnip, a folktale illustrated by Kathy Parkinson (or your favorite retelling)
  *   Ready to Read Michigan:  “I Got the Rhythm!”<https://www.solutionwhere.com/WW/Aspx/Public/Search/ShowCourse.aspx?courseNum=103&cId=67&pCId=0>
Tuesday, January 16th, 2pm EST
Join us to learn about a Ready to Read Storytime designed for outreach to your local early childhood providers & schools!  This year’s book selection is “I Got the Rhythm” by Connie Schofield-Morrison and illustrated by Frank Morrison.  Copies of the title will be shipped to libraries mid-January-early February, so this is a sneak peek if you do not already have the book in-hand.