[Michlib-l] Friends of the Library

Christine Hage christine.hage at rhpl.org
Thu Feb 2 16:57:07 EST 2017

There is a lot of good information on the Library of Michigan website.  For
Friends the following is provided by a statewide membership, provided by
the Library of Michigan, to United for Libraries.

Engaging Today's Volunteers for Libraries and Friends
<http://www.ala.org/AUTH/Shibboleth.sso/Login?target=http://www.ala.org/united/training/webinars/baby-boomers/courses>
is a three-part series of webcasts is designed to inform library Friends,
Trustees, and staff about this new generation of volunteers — how they are
different from volunteers in the past, what they want from service
opportunities, and how libraries and Friends can attract them.

   - Meet Today's New Volunteers
   <http://www.ala.org/AUTH/Shibboleth.sso/Login?target=http://www.ala.org/united/training/webinars/baby-boomers/courses/course1>
   - Friends and Today's Volunteers: Getting New Active Members for Your
   Group
   <http://www.ala.org/AUTH/Shibboleth.sso/Login?target=http://www.ala.org/united/training/webinars/baby-boomers/courses/course2>
   - Library Volunteers: Bringing in Skilled and Committed Volunteers
   <http://www.ala.org/AUTH/Shibboleth.sso/Login?target=http://www.ala.org/united/training/webinars/baby-boomers/courses/course3>

As part of your statewide group membership, you now have access to all of
the materials and resources linked below. Access requires a login, provided
to you by your library director or United for Libraries. If you don't know
your login or have any questions about your group membership, please email
united at ala.org
<united at ala.org?subject=Kansas%20Statewide%20Group%20Membership>, or call
the United for Libraries office at (800) 545-2433, ext. 2161.
To learn more about logging in and accessing resources, as well as a tour
of all the resources included in your statewide group membership, please
watch the welcome webinar for Michigan staff, Trustees, Friends, and
Foundations. Access the recording here
<http://ala.adobeconnect.com/p6f6dfymvru/>.United has great toolkits on how
to organize and revitalize Friends groups.

Friends & Foundations Zone

The Friends & Foundations Zone
<http://www.ala.org/AUTH/Shibboleth.sso/Login?target=http://www.ala.org/united/friendszone/welcome>
provides members-only access to toolkits, current and past issues of *The
Voice* newsletter, publications, webinars, special offers, and more.

Christine Lind Hage
Director, Rochester Hills Public Library
Division Councilor, United for Libraries
500 Olde Towne Road
Rochester, MI 48307-2043
248/650-7122

Raising a reader is: Talking * Singing * Reading * Writing * Playing