[Michlib-l] Free Design Thinking Workshops Coming Up in Benzonia & Saginaw

Kristin Fontichiaro font at umich.edu
Fri Feb 3 15:46:22 EST 2017

Hello!

We're starting to schedule our Spring and Summer 2017 free maker workshops
and are pleased to announce these two dates for half-day GETTING STARTED
WITH DESIGN THINKING workshops. All are welcome: classroom teachers,
librarians, after-school educators, scout leaders, and more!

WORKSHOP DESCRIPTION:

Design thinking is a strategy and a process for engaging students with
real-world problems in a way that is fun, flexible, and academically
challenging. It helps students think creatively about solving problems,
inventing solutions, and engineering products within existing
curriculum standards. The process gives structure to educators and workshop
facilitators while keeping thinking open-ended for students. In this
hands-on, engaging workshop, we’ll explore ways to bring design thinking
into your library programming or classroom learning.

*Friday, February 17, 2017, 11:30am - 2:45pm*

Target Audience: Middle & high school age

Mills Community House / Benzonia Public Library (south of Traverse City)

Free registration and additional details here
<http://designthinkingbenzonia.eventbrite.com>

*Saturday, March 11, 10am - 1:10pm*

Target Audience: Grades 3 & up

Hoyt Library, Public Libraries of Saginaw

Free registration and additional details here
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/getting-started-with-design-thinking-saginaw-tickets-30226120139?aff=MICHLIB>

Hope to see you there!

--
Kristin Fontichiaro