[Michlib-l] We went LIVE...

Lancaster, Catherine (MDE) LancasterC5 at michigan.gov
Tue Feb 7 18:37:28 EST 2017

Today we experimented with Facebook LIVE to bring information to you on the Summer Food Services Program!  Big thanks to Director Sara Tackett, Youth Services Librarian Calvin Battles, and the rest of the staff at Jackson District Library's Carnegie location for sharing their library & program information with us.

This is the first in what we hope becomes a series of "successful shorts," highlighting success in youth services around the state (if you have one you'd like to share, contact me).  JDL had an almost 40% increase in summer reading club participation when they added summer food.  Find out how they did it: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154168808216771&id=54064216770.

To learn how to bring summer food to your area, grant information, flyers and more go to www.michigan.gov/sfsp<http://www.michigan.gov/sfsp>.

We think our first adventure in the land of Facebook LIVE went really well, despite a few distractions, but hey, we just hope you consider adding summer food to your summer programming.

Please contact me if you have any questions about the program or feel free to comment on the video link and we'll get back to you.
~ Cathy Lancaster

Youth Services Coordinator
Library of Michigan
www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan<http://www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan>