[Michlib-l] Trustee & Friends Resources from United for Libraries & ALA

Membiela, Clare (MDE) MembielaC at michigan.gov
Wed Feb 8 10:04:37 EST 2017

Hello!

I wanted to pass along information from the United for Libraries newsletter  on a couple of resources now available to Libraries from the ALA &  United for Libraries, (the division of ALA that focuses on Trustees and Friend Groups):

A Revised version of "Getting Grants in your Community" is available at NO COST from the United for Libraries Website at http://www.ala.org/united/friendszone/publications
(This site requires a login - The Library of Michigan pays for access for all Public Libraries to United for Libraries. If you need the username and password to access, please contact me , or  LoM Statewide Library Services at 517-373-1580

You may also want to take a look at the ALA Office of Intellectual Freedom's revised tools for reporting Censorship & Hate Crimes:
http://www.ala.org/tools/challengesupport

For more interesting and useful resources (including copies of "The Voice" newsletter, check out United for Libraries at http://www.ala.org/united/ (Login is required for newsletter access - Contact us here in Statewide Library Services( see above, or my contact info, below)  for United for Libraries username and password!

Thanks!
Clare

Clare D. Membiela, MLS, J.D.
Library of Michigan
MembielaC at michigan.gov<mailto:MembielaC at michigan.gov>
517-335-8132

The research and resources above is for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem.

[cte-horiz-michigan]   [cte month resized for signature] <http://www.acteonline.org/ctemonth>
Visit www.acteonline.org/ctemonth <http://www.acteonline.org/ctemonth> for more information on Career and Technical Education

February is Career and Technical Education Month in Michigan.