[Michlib-l] Museum on Main Street from the Michigan Humanities Council

Norris, Sonya (MDE) NorrisS2 at michigan.gov
Mon Feb 13 14:31:09 EST 2017

Museum on Main Street: Water/Ways

The Michigan Humanities Council is pleased to announce that the Smithsonian's Water/Ways is coming to Michigan as part of our Museum on Main Street program!

The Water/Ways exhibition explores how water connects human beings with our surrounding environment, while shedding light on its environmental, cultural, and historical importance. As "The Great Lakes State," water is an invaluable resource and part of Michigan's identity, and we are looking for six host organizations to partner with in order to feature local stories and connections with water. These host communities will have the chance to engage in conversations with water experts, host the exhibit, create additional programming, and become involved in shaping the dialogue on the future of Michigan's water policies.

Please visit our website http://www.michiganhumanities.org/water-ways/ for more information about eligibility, how to apply, and other requirements for applicants. The deadline to submit applications is July 10, 2017. This is a truly exciting opportunity that we wanted to bring to your attention, and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact James Nelson at jnelson at mihumanities.org<mailto:jnelson at mihumanities.org>.

Sonya Schryer Norris
Library of Michigan
702 W. Kalamazoo St.
PO Box 30009
Lansing, MI 48909
517-373-4457

http://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan
http://www.mel.org<http://www.mel.org/>
http://www.michlibrary.org<http://www.michlibrary.org/>
[cte-horiz-michigan]   [cte month resized for signature] <http://www.acteonline.org/ctemonth>
Visit www.acteonline.org/ctemonth <http://www.acteonline.org/ctemonth> for more information on Career and Technical Education

February is Career and Technical Education Month in Michigan.