[Michlib-l] White Noise

Lori Mills lorijean929 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 09:19:42 EST 2017

Thank you everyone for your responses! Here's a summary:

Our system is from Lencore
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/lencore-acoustics-corp.>*(this is a link
to their LinkedIn page as their website doesn't seem to be working today)*
and was purchased in 2014...we went through Library Design
<http://www.librarydesign.com/> in Plymouth.  -Patty Braden, Romulus Public
Library

We just installed a white noise system at the Pere Marquette District
Library last August. I love it. We used SPACE Inc <http://spaceinc.net/>
out of Midland. They did an awesome job.

Contact Kathy Hobohm khobohm at spaceinc.net

-Sheila Bissonnette

We purchased two of these (see attached photos). They work quite well for
our echoey library! I suspect they were purchased on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Marpac-Dohm-DS-Natural-Sound-Machine/dp/B00HD0ELFK/ref=sr_1_3_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1487280975&sr=1-3&keywords=dohm%2Bsound%2Bmachine&th=1
We've got ours tucked under the end of our circulation desk and in a corner
leading to our children's area. they create a sort of light wall of sound.
I'd recommend they be on the ground so people don't mess with them, and
between the area where the noisiness is and where it is found most
irritating. We're shushing a lot less people since we got them, which is
good for everyone!   -Kelly Bennett, Ferndale Public Library