[Michlib-l] Movement-Based Programs in Michigan Public Libraries

Noah Lenstra njlenstr at uncg.edu
Thu Feb 23 14:50:09 EST 2017

Hello everyone,

I am an assistant professor in the Department of Library and Information Studies at the University of North Carolina-Greensboro.

As part of a project to understand how public libraries adapt to the needs of their communities, I am studying movement-based programs in public libraries (think yoga/tai chi/Zumba in the library, StoryWalks, music and movement, walking groups, etc.)

I am asking for your help in this project. If you work in a public library in Michigan, please consider taking a few minutes to fill out this short survey about any programs or services your library provides, has provided in the past, or is planning to provide in the future.

Survey Link: https://uncg.qualtrics.com/jfe3/form/SV_eJ3QZdjTvMLVM1v <https://uncg.qualtrics.com/jfe3/form/SV_eJ3QZdjTvMLVM1v>

The name of this project is "Let’s Move! Libraries.” The project’s website is http://www.letsmovelibraries.org/ <http://www.letsmovelibraries.org/>. There you will find information on movement-based programs that have taken place in the recent past in public libraries throughout North America. The overall goal of this project is to strengthen work already underway in public libraries that seeks to get our communities up and moving. The results from this survey will be shared on this website in Fall 2017.

Please share this link with others you think may be interested in this project.

Thank you for your time! I look forward to your feedback.

Noah Lenstra
Assistant Professor
njlenstr at uncg.edu <mailto:njlenstr at uncg.edu>
http://www.noahlenstra.com/ <http://www.noahlenstra.com/>