[Michlib-l] MeL Minute - Academic OneFile

Borrelli, Eunice (MDE) BorrelliE at michigan.gov
Thu Feb 23 15:57:47 EST 2017

Hi all,

MeL.org<http://mel.org/> resource provider Gale Cengage has implemented some enhancements to the popular Academic OneFile<http://www.galesupport.com/migeoipcheck/migeoipcheck-gale.php?database=AONE>.  The next time you use Academic OneFile you'll notice that the appearance has changed so that the picture icons for the covered disciplines are gone and replaced with buttons to connect to the content in the nine subject areas.  This change results in a cleaner presentation and easier navigation as all nine disciplines are now viewable on the opening screen. Updates to three key areas of study - Biology, Chemistry, and Environmental Science will occur automatically. In addition to these three, the other disciplines are Criminal Justice, Economics, History, Marketing, Political Science, and Psychology.  As with other Gale products,  Academic OneFile<http://www.galesupport.com/migeoipcheck/migeoipcheck-gale.php?database=AONE> features integrated G Suite for Education<http://www.gale.com/google> and Microsoft Office 365 tools. After authentication, users can sign in with their Google or Microsoft account credentials to access Google Drive, Docs and Classroom, in addition to Microsoft OneDrive and OneNote. Michigan residents or Michigan library access only.

MeL Minutes are brought to you by the Library of Michigan.  Want more information on MeL?  Stay tuned for the next MeL Minute available on many Michigan library listservs, email us at contact at mel.org<mailto:contact at mel.org>,  visit http://mel.org<http://mel.org/>, or Sign up for the MeL Minute and other Library of Michigan e-mail lists via GovDelivery<https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/MILOM/subscriber/new>. We encourage you to share MeL Minutes with your colleagues and networks.

Want to let your patrons/followers know about this great resource? Feel free to use this message:  "Michiganders, Academic OneFile has upgrades. Cleaner presentation, easier navigation, Biology, Chemistry, & more http://mel.org/ "
On a personal note, this will be my last MeL Minute as I am leaving the Library of Michigan to try my hand at retirement.  I have enjoyed meeting and working with so many of you and thank you for your enthusiasm and support.  The Michigan library community is awesome and it's been an honor to be a part of it.  Cheers!

Eunice

Eunice C. Borrelli
Michigan eLibrary Internet Librarian
Library of Michigan/Michigan Dept. of Education
517-241-4996
[Follow MeL on Twitter]<https://twitter.com/meldotorg>  [MeL - Michigan eLibrary Logo] <http://mel.org/>   [Like MeL on Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/mel.org>  [Check out MeL on Youtube] <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO1dqA8_ZOCfZcHP9OaBGew>
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D27BD4.275C9DB0]   [cid:image002.png at 01D27BD4.275C9DB0] <http://www.acteonline.org/ctemonth>
Visit www.acteonline.org/ctemonth <http://www.acteonline.org/ctemonth> for more information on Career and Technical Education
February is Career and Technical Education Month in Michigan.