[Michlib-l] Updated PPT information

Membiela, Clare (MDE) MembielaC at michigan.gov
Wed Jan 4 15:57:07 EST 2017

Hello!

Attached, please find three updated  attachments relating to the PPT reimbursements:

  *   A list of Libraries who are/have receiving/received PPT reimbursement in November 2016 or February 2017
  *   The list of payments to municipalities - (which also includes some of the library payments listed in the first list)
  *   The PPT calculation Tool - according to our information, "The tool provides the millage rates and other formula factors used to calculate the 2016 PPT distributions for other municipalities and a distribution calculation."

If your library is not listed on any of these lists, please keep in mind that a library must  have had a millage in EACH YEAR of the included years - 2012 - 2015, and must have had a revenue loss due to PPT, according to the Treasury calculation.
Reimbursements were calculated for operating and debt millages, and our understanding is that those reimbursements must be divided and applied accordingly.
PPT payments will be annual for the foreseeable future (the law states no ending date or sunset provision).

Additional information  (and contact information for treasury assistance)  regarding the PPT reimbursement program can be found at
http://www.michigan.gov/taxes/0,4676,7-238-43535_72736-358296--,00.html

Of course, we here at the Library of Michigan are also always available to assist!

Thanks!
Clare

Clare D. Membiela, MLS, J.D.
Library of Michigan