[Michlib-l] Presenter Recommendation: Donut Dolly Joann Puffer Kotcher

Brandi Tambasco Tambasco at howelllibrary.org
Mon Jan 9 10:14:29 EST 2017

Hiya Fellow Librarylanders,

I have a presenter recommendation for you.

Back in November, the Howell Carnegie District Library hosted our annual Veterans Day program. Our presenter, Joann Puffer Kotcher, was an interesting, entertaining speaker. She served as an American Red Cross volunteer during the early part of the Vietnam War and wrote a meticulously researched memoir based on her journal from that time called Donut Dolly: An American Red Cross Girl's War in Vietnam. We had 50 people attend the evening program and, of those, about 8 were veterans and 4 young adults. Pictures from the event are on our Facebook page<https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1322669094433151.1073741885.139550332745039&type=1&l=aaa89b868c>. We had positive feedback from attendees, with one person even telling me she could listen to her for hours!

Mrs. Kotcher is a native Michigander, living in Rochester Hills. She customizes her presentations for each event and has a very reasonable rate for libraries. For us, she gave an hour-long presentation with pictures, an audience Q&A, and a book signing both before and after her presentation. Her website is http://donutdolly.vpweb.com/ and her email address is donutdolly66 at gmail.com<mailto:donutdolly66 at gmail.com>. She is very responsive to emails and showed up on time with her display items, books for sale, and assistant. Between the two of them, they took care of their own display setup and sales. Mrs. Kotcher was a pleasure to work with.

Have a lovely day,
Brandi

Brandi Tambasco
Adult Services Librarian