[Michlib-l] Guns in Libraries

Christine Hage christine.hage at rhpl.org
Tue Jan 10 09:25:17 EST 2017

Earlier this morning I posted some case law about schools being allowed to
prohibit guns.  I have since been informed that schools are not
governments, like some libraries are, which allows them to prohibit guns.
Evidently governmental units, such as PA 164 of 1877 libraries and district
libraries, are not allowed to prohibit guns.

Christine Lind Hage
Director, Rochester Hills Public Library
Division Councilor, United for Libraries
500 Olde Towne Road
Rochester, MI 48307-2043
248/650-7122

Raising a reader is: Talking * Singing * Reading * Writing * Playing