[Michlib-l] Youth/YA Services Updates: Last Stop on Market Street & more

Lancaster, Catherine (MDE) LancasterC5 at michigan.gov
Thu Jan 12 15:57:02 EST 2017

Youth Services
If you've not seen the share on our LM Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/libraryofmichigan/> or Twitter<https://twitter.com/libraryofmich> feed yet, you might want to check out the story experience Kansas City Kansas Public Library was able to pull-off with Newbery Medalist Matt de la Peña: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4irkUDbaIA.  Delightful.

Thanks to all who joined the Library of Michigan's Youth Services Advisory Council's webinar on programming ideas for this summer.  The recording is now available online at www.michigan.gov/summerreading<http://www.michigan.gov/summerreading>.

Michigan Reads! Programming & Resource Guide is online and can be downloaded/printed!  Check it out at www.michigan.gov/michiganreads<http://www.michigan.gov/michiganreads> and look for your kits in the mail late next week, early the following.

Teen Services
Infopeople is offering an online course on "Teen Services Fundamentals." Details & course description can be found here: https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=642.

WebJunction recently shared an in-depth article of how to conduct a series of community conversations/forum on teen suicide: http://www.webjunction.org/news/webjunction/sno-isle-issues-that-matter.html.

Thank you,

Cathy Lancaster

Youth Services Coordinator
Statewide Library Services