[Michlib-l] Project Outcome :Show Your Board & Community the Relevancy of Your Library's Services

Atkin, Evette (MDE) AtkinE at michigan.gov
Fri Jan 13 11:12:46 EST 2017

The Library of Michigan is excited to offer Project Outcome workshops this Spring in four Michigan locations!

April 17 - University Center, Mt. Pleasant
April 27 - Redford Township District Library, Redford
April 28 - Portage District Library, Portage
May 4 - Peter White Public Library, Marquette

For more information and to register, visit the Library of Michigan's workshop registration system<https://www.solutionwhere.com/WW/Aspx/Public/Search/ShowCourse.aspx?courseNum=85&cId=67&pCId=0>.

Public library services put people on the path to literacy, technological know-how, or a better job - but what we are often missing is the data to show it. Outcome measurement helps libraries answer the questions: How can we better measure and demonstrate our community impact? What good did our services do?

Would you like to implement outcome measurement in your library? Join us for this [FREE?] Project Outcome Regional Training, a full day, in-person workshop on [DAY, DATE, TIME] in [CITY]. At this workshop, a Project Outcome trainer will facilitate a deep-dive into outcome measurement using Project Outcome tools. You will learn how to deploy outcome measures in your library, collect and use resulting data, and leverage the project's support network to ensure successful adoption. Be a part of a cohort of public libraries interested in implementing Project Outcome to drive change, influence decision making, and demonstrate the true impact of their library's programs and services on the community.

The goal of Project Outcome<https://www.projectoutcome.org/> is to help public libraries understand and share the true impact of essential library services. Project Outcome, an initiative of the Public Library Association, provides simple tools and a supportive online community of library leaders to help public libraries collect insights and data about all the ways we are meeting the needs of our communities. This understanding can improve the way public libraries do business - from allocating existing resources more efficiently to advocating for new resources more effectively. For more information about Project Outcome, visit www.ProjectOutcome.org<http://www.ProjectOutcome.org>.

Prior to this workshop, you will:
?  Complete a pre-workshop assignment including introductory materials and your library's strategic goals.

During this workshop, you will:
?  Review Project Outcome surveys and tools.
?  Identify goals for outcome measurement in your library.
?  Explore best practices for selecting and administering Project Outcome surveys.
?  Examine processes to use outcome measurement results for ongoing programming changes and decision-making processes.
?  Identify best practices for using outcome measurement results for advocacy, support, and fundraising.
?  Discuss outcome measurement as it relates to strategic planning for the library and the community.
?  Create a plan for implementing Project Outcome.

Following this workshop, you will:
?  Be invited to participate in two follow-up virtual meetings to continue learning, collaboration, and to receive support from the Project Outcome trainer and peers in your cohort.

Evette M. Atkin
Continuing Education Coordinator
Library of Michigan
atkine at michigan.gov<mailto:atkine at michigan.gov>