[Michlib-l] Amish artifacts

Lynn Skazalski lynnskazalski at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 13:40:44 EST 2017

Do you know anyone or any institution in the metro Detroit area with an
Amish collection?  Jeff Smith, author of* Becoming Amish*, will be speaking
at the Caroline Kennedy Library in Dearborn Heights in April, and I would
like to create a display of Amish artifacts to promote his presentation.
However, I do not have a source for Amish artifacts (clothing, kitchen
tools, quilts, etc.).  I tried The Henry Ford and while they may have
items, the cost of a loan would exceed the speaker's fee.  If you know of a
source in southeast Michigan that would be willing to lend Amish artifacts
for free or low cost, I would greatly appreciate contact information.

Thank you!

--
Lynn Bryer Skazalski
Supervising Librarian, MILS, MS