[Michlib-l] Looking For an All-Staff speaker

Cory Grimminck cgrimminck at portlandmilibrary.com
Thu Jan 26 11:43:46 EST 2017

I'm planning our annual all-staff day, and would like to find someone who
can speak about reference interviews/reference interactions/how to do
reference.  Our staff is small--only 11 people including me--and most of
them have had no training in reference work at all.  I'm looking for about
90 minutes of basic reference training . . . what the goals are, how to
figure out what the patron is asking, how to know when the interaction is
done, maybe some sources that can be used, etc.

Our all-staff day is currently scheduled for Tuesday, May 9, from 9-4.  I
can offer mileage, and a delicious potluck lunch.  Please let me know if
you are interested.

Thanks,
Cory Grimminck
Portland District Library