[Michlib-l] FW: Mid Michigan Digital Practitioners: Fall 2017 Call for Proposals

Driedger, Kevin (MDE) DriedgerK at michigan.gov
Fri Jul 14 11:02:47 EDT 2017

Mid Michigan Digital Practitioners Meeting: Call for Proposals
October 19-20, 2017
Library of Michigan, Lansing, MI

The Mid-Michigan Digital Practitioners invite you to submit a session proposal for the next MMDP meeting, October 19-20, 2017 in Lansing, MI. The two-day event is sponsored by the Library of Michigan and the Michigan Archival Association. As always, registration for all participants is free. If you create, manage, or transform digital collections in Michigan, we want to hear from you!

Proposals
The MMDP Planning Group invites proposals for workshops (October 19) and conference sessions (October 20). We welcome proposals from anyone, and are particularly interested in proposals from smaller institutions and students.

Session Types
● Workshops or User Groups: Interactive sessions with a practical component; 1-3 hrs
● Panels: 3 or more presenters, 40 minutes
● Presentations: 1-2 presenters, 20 minutes
● Lightning talks & demonstrations: 7 minutes
● Posters: One poster session during a networking break on October 20
● Discussion Groups: Facilitate a 30 minute discussion session on a digital collections topic

Suggested Topics
● Metadata, cataloging, and description
● Outreach for digital collections
● Project management and communication tools
● Tools and processes you use to get things done (hacks and creative solutions welcome!)
● Unique digital challenges: storage, security, formats

Send us your proposals!
To submit a proposal, please complete the proposal form<https://goo.gl/forms/uvlBqRTsa5PSlaYL2>. We will adjust our agenda to fit the submitted proposals or suggest changes to the presenters. If you have any questions, please send us an email.

Timeline
● Deadline to submit proposals: August 1, 2017
● Notification of acceptance: August 14, 2017

Details about the October event will be posted at our website, http://midmichdp.wordpress.com/

Ed Busch
Electronic Records Archivist
MSU Archives