[Michlib-l] Larry Martin "In Their Own Words"

Battles, Calvin battlesc at myjdl.com
Thu Jul 20 12:02:44 EDT 2017

Hello Michigan Public Library users,

The Jackson District Library is excited to announce the continuation of Larry Martin’s In Their Own Words at the Carnegie Branch of the Jackson District Library.  If you have never seen this program, [ http://lmww2.com/ | Larry Martin's WWII In Their Own Words ] , I encourage you to attend our upcoming program. Better yet you could have library come to your library; which he is more than happy to do.    Larry has been putting on this program for JDL for the past 11 years.  In Their Own Words has drawn between 80 and 150 attendees per event. An estimated 4,600 people have come to hear the reflections and experiences of WWII veterans that Larry has interviewed.

On Saturday, August 5th and Saturday September 9th , Larry will be sharing his interview with Bill Ingram, who fought in the Pacific in 1942 and was witness to the sinking of the Houston in March of that year.  The second part continues with his story as a prisoner of war for 3 ½ years.  As our former director stated “We deeply appreciate the dedication shown by Mr. Larry Martin for bringing these stories alive and are honored to be a partner in his efforts. Larry brings a wealth of knowledge to the program and has recorded scores of interviews with veterans over the past ten years. He passionately reminds his audiences that the freedoms they now take for granted were earned through the hard sacrifices of many thousands of veterans who fought in World War II”.

We hope you can join us.

Calvin Battles
Adult Services Coordinator
Jackson District Library