[Michlib-l] Charging station for patron's devices

Janelle Martin jmartin at lib.lapeer.org
Fri Jul 21 14:29:43 EDT 2017

Hello Everyone,
I have been asked many times in the last few years if I have a charging
cord for a variety of devices by patrons, so we are thinking of creating an
electronic device charging station with cords for our patron's devices. We
would buy a cord for apple devices, android devices. We are trying to
figure out a way that the cords can't be unplugged from the charging
strip/device. We are also hoping that we wouldn't have to spend a lot of
money on this and it has to be able to be moved to a new building.

If you have one at your library:
1. Did you create something or did you buy something? If so, what?
2. Is it being used at your library? Or do patrons still prefer to plug
their device into random outlets?
Any feedback/advice on this would be appreciated.
​Thanks in advance,
Janelle​

--
Janelle Martin
Head of Fiction
jmartin at lib.lapeer.org
810-664-6971 ext 3218 <(810)%20664-6971>

Connect with us on:
Instagram: lapeer_district_library
Facebook: Lapeer District Library
Tumblr: lapeerdistrictlibrary