[Michlib-l] Libraries Read: 1 Book discussion in Indiana, August 16

Jan Davidson davidsonj at mcls.org
Mon Jul 24 14:27:44 EDT 2017

This is the third year of the Libraries Read: 1 Book program. By reading one book together, across library types and state lines, we aim to create deeper connections among libraries that span geographic and other boundaries. We hope you’ll join us and add your voice to the conversation.

Hillbilly Elegy, a memoir by J.D. Vance, was selected as the title for 2017, capturing 40% of the votes. MCLS encourages library staff to read the book throughout the summer, then join us for a discussion about the book.

This year’s Michigan discussion will be Tuesday, Aug 8, 5:30pm Eastern (4:30pm Central), Lansing Brewing Company, Lansing, MI

Discussion questions will be available to libraries who would like to host their own discussions. Email Jan Davidson at davidsonj at mcls.org<mailto:davidsonj at mcls.org>.

Register for an in-person book discussion using the online Libraries Read: 1 Book Registration form<https://goo.gl/forms/2sN35OyuBdrvKLFc2> on our website<mcls.org/engagement/libraries-read-1-book/>.

For more information about this year’s book and the 1 Book program, visit our website<http://mcls.org/engagement/libraries-read-1-book/>.

Jan Davidson
Administrative Assistant, Member Engagement
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services
Phone: 517-492-3811 / toll-free 800-530-9019 x111
davidsonj at mcls.org<mailto:davidsonj at mcls.org>
www.mcls.org<http://www.mcls.org/>
Check out the MCLS Training Calendar at: mcls.org/calendar<http://mcls.org/calendar>
Like us on Facebook for the latest MCLS news: facebook.com/<https://www.facebook.com/mcls.org>mcls.org<https://www.facebook.com/mcls.org>