[Michlib-l] Adult Cookbook Club

Barbara Sanford bsanford at crdl.org
Thu Jul 27 15:30:08 EDT 2017

Hello!
We have a proposal to try an adult cookbook club at one of our small branches, with the premise being that patrons would register, check out a copy of the month's cookbook, and bring in a dish to pass from the cookbook to share.  Has anyone done anything like this before?

The alarmist in me immediately thinks of the safety of a potluck, and how do we protect ourselves from any potential liability...have waivers?  Just a general notice at the event?  Or am I being too paranoid?

If anyone has done such an event, I would greatly appreciate your feedback/experience, off list.  As usual, I would be happy to compile and share any responses I receive.
Thanks so much!
Barb

Barbara Sanford
Youth Collections and Programming Coordinator
Chippewa River District Library
301 S. University Ave
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
(989)773-3242 X 23