[Michlib-l] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: KALAMAZOO PUBLIC LIBRARY IS PLEASED TO WELCOME NEW LIBRARY DIRECTOR, RYAN WIEBER

Farrell Howe FarrellH at kpl.gov
Tue Jun 6 18:51:05 EDT 2017

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Contact:
Farrell Howe
Marketing & Communications Manager
Kalamazoo Public Library
269-553-7879
farrellh at kpl.gov<mailto:farrellh at kpl.gov>

Kalamazoo Public Library Welcomes Ryan Wieber as the New Library Director

Kalamazoo, MI – Tuesday, June 6, 2017. Kalamazoo Public Library is pleased to welcome Ryan Wieber as the new library director. Current director, Ann Rohrbaugh will be retiring on June 30, after 45 years of service to the library.
Ryan Wieber has served as the Director of Van Buren District Library since 2013. He was responsible for the overall administration of a district library system consisting of a central location, and six branches. During his time as director of Van Buren District Library, Wieber implemented a strategic planning process, addressed budgetary issues, overhauled the IT department and updated network technology. Wieber’s increased efforts in outreach, marketing and communications helped elevate Van Buren District Library’s position as a vital community service.
Prior to being director for Van Buren District Library, Wieber served as the director of the Otsego District Library. During his 13 years as director, he championed initiatives that tripled Otsego District Library’s annual patron visits and increased materials circulation by 150%. Wieber led a successful fundraising campaign and bond issue, which resulted in the construction of a new, state-of-the-art library to serve the Otsego community. Wieber also developed new branding for Otsego District Library and revitalized their marketing efforts.
Ryan Wieber graduated with his B.A. from Western Michigan University in 1992, and earned his Master of Library and Information Science degree from Wayne State University in 1995. Wieber currently resides in Otsego but plans to relocate to Kalamazoo. His official start date with Kalamazoo Public Library will be Tuesday, August 1.
"Kalamazoo Public Library is recognized statewide and nationally as a great public library system, with an incredible staff and a strong mission toward providing outstanding service and access for all its residents.  Libraries everywhere look to Kalamazoo as the place that does it right.
I’m excited to continue ensuring that the library remains a valuable part of a community that loves its library, and I am honored to serve as the next director at Kalamazoo Public Library."
On behalf of Kalamazoo Public Library’s staff, board, trustees and the Kalamazoo community, we welcome Ryan Wieber to Kalamazoo Public Library. Given his extensive experience serving as a library director for both Van Buren District Library and Otsego District Library, we are confident that Ryan Wieber will continue the legacy of KPL, and guide our future success in the community and beyond.

####

[cid:07A81255-1535-4BB9-A3F6-7830FB8D4F0B at attlocal.net]