[Michlib-l] Patron Record Management

Julia Hawkins JHawkins at kdl.org
Fri Mar 3 10:39:08 EST 2017

Hello,

My library is looking to find a new way of storing our patron records. We are a fairly large library system with about 200,000 patrons active in the ILS. If your library system is of comparable size, could you tell me how you store paper registrations for the purpose of keeping the patron signature on file? Do you use any sort of database software? How do you tag the scanned records? What kind of digital storage do you use - server- or cloud-based?

Thank you!

Julia Hawkins
Patron Services Associate
Kent District Library
814 West River Center Dr. NE * Comstock Park, MI 49321
616-784-2016, ext. 2324 * jhawkins at kdl.org<mailto:jhawkins at kdl.org>