[Michlib-l] One month to left to register! MDMLG Spring CE and Business Meeting at Wayne State University

Figg, Bethany J bethany.figg at cmich.edu
Mon Mar 6 11:04:10 EST 2017

MDMLG Spring CE and Business Meeting at Wayne State University
Date: April 13th, 2017
Location: Wayne State University, Community Room of David Adamany Undergraduate Library (UGL), Third Floor, Room 3210.

Seems like busy schedules are our norm nowadays. In effort to minimize time out of the workplace and maximize educational impact, we are trying out something new this spring and combining the MDMLG General Business Meeting with the Spring CE course on April 13 at Wayne State University.
11:00am-11:30am    Sign-in/Registration

11:30am-12:45pm    "Meet & Munch" - General Business Meeting
                                     Enjoy a complimentary lunch during the MDMLG General Business Meeting. A selection of Middle-Eastern cuisine (vegetarian-options included) from La Pita Fresh will be provided. Soft drinks and water will also be available.

12:45pm-1:00pm       Break

1:00pm-5:00pm        CE Course: Survey Success with Dr. Deborah Charbonneau

CE: Survey Success: Simple Rules for Effective Survey Design

Instructor: Dr. Deborah Charbonneau
Learn how to create a successful survey! A major goal of this CE Course is to demystify the survey process to empower librarians and information professionals to effectively utilize survey research in their work environments. This course focuses on simple rules for effectively and efficiently using surveys to obtain information that is meaningful for improving the quality of library services. In particular, crafting effective survey questions to elicit informative answers and constructing an easy-to-use questionnaire format will be discussed. In addition, survey clarity, sampling methods, reliability, validity, privacy, confidentiality, and various features of web survey tools will be covered.
While we encourage everyone to take full advantage of the day's offerings, please note that attendance at both events is not mandatory. You may attend the CE without attending the meeting and vice versa, however we would love to see you at both!  Students: take advantage of our new discounted pricing-only $25 for this valuable class!

Please fill out the attached registration form and submit to:
Juliet Mullenmeister
Henry Ford Macomb Library
15855 Nineteen Mile Road
Clinton Township MI 48038
586.263.2485 (v)
586.263.2270 (f)
Jmullen2 at hfhs.org<mailto:Jmullen2 at hfhs.org>

Bethany Figg, MBA, MLIS, AHIP
bethany.figg at cmich.edu<mailto:bethany.figg at cmich.edu>
Visit us online!<https://www.cmich.edu/colleges/cmed/Education/Residency/GME/Pages/default.aspx>

Graduate Medical Education Administrator | CMU Medical Education Partners
1000 Houghton Street, Saginaw MI 48602
*: 989-583-7406 | 6: 989-583-6907

Central Values:  Integrity | Respect | Empathy | Inclusiveness | Social Responsibility | Excellence | Innovation