[Michlib-l] Invitation to the performance of The Giver

Beth Barron bethbarron2012 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 09:55:44 EST 2017

Happy Friday! The Oscoda County Library has a very exciting event that we
would like to invite all of you to attend. We will be presenting Young
Audiences, New York's Literature to Life performance of *The Giver on
Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 6:30pm* at our main branch in Mio. This is a
free event for our community. Literature to Life will also be presenting
two workshops in our local school for 7th grade students currently studying
this book.

*THIS IS A MUST SEE EXPERIENCE!*

This is an amazing experience for the students in your community and even
more wonderful if you are the one that can bring it to them. My hope is to
get some other libraries on board for next year and offer this to as many
communities as possible. Literature to Life has been presented by the
Whiting in Flint for many years now and has also been to the Macomb Center.

Our library received a grant from the Michigan Council for Arts and
Cultural Affairs to help bring this program in, so there is funding out
there to help with the costs.

So please, if you have the opportunity, join us for this event. I would
love to talk to you about the program and the impact it has had on our
students and community members!

Let us know if you will be attending, 989-826-3613 or reply to this email.
Thanks for your time and have a wonderful weekend!

--
*Beth A. Barron*
Programming Clerk