[Michlib-l] Michigan Open the Books

Eric Hayes ehayes at orionlibrary.org
Fri Mar 17 14:30:06 EDT 2017

This is more than likely the reason.

http://www.openthebooks.com/michigan/

Eric Hayes
Network & Systems Administrator
Orion Township Public Library
orionlibrary.org
w. 248-287-8019
c. 248-885-2301

From: michlib-l-bounces at mcls.org [mailto:michlib-l-bounces at mcls.org] On Behalf Of Driedger, Kevin (MDE)
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2017 2:22 PM
To: Roslyn F. Yerman <ryerman at madison-hgts.lib.mi.us>; Dillon Geshel <dgeshel at pldl.org>
Cc: Michlib-l <michlib-l at mcls.org>
Subject: Re: [Michlib-l] Michigan Open the Books

Speaking as a civilian, my hunch this organization is making a FOIA push in recognition of this being Sunshine Week, the annual event which recognizes the value of access to public information and the tool of FOIA to sometimes gain that access. That doesn’t make it any more or less a task for libraries in how they respond to these requests, but just some context as to why they may be coming.

http://sunshineweek.rcfp.org/<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http://sunshineweek.rcfp.org/&c=E,1,-XrEwIteMUQ3zlkHA6tAsuhdvvEpOScFTRzTiVp4ewniPI-mXDW87mSvI47g0C-WVNf2GW6Y-a5loTYQV7WYVj1nLutoHOMsVlKHpa6w&typo=1>

Kevin

Kevin Driedger
Digitization and Conservation Librarian
Library of Michigan