[Michlib-l] SCBWI: looking for Michigan bloggers/kid-lid activists

Shutta Crum shutta at shuttacrum.com
Wed Mar 22 11:08:40 EDT 2017

Hi all!

I'm a member of the Soc. of Children's Book Authors and Illustrators and
our monthly Michigan newsletter is looking to interview kid-lit
activists/advocates. (See paragraph below for how they define this.)

​"KidLit Advocates. This can be anyone who's doing an exceptional job to
connect readers to books, supporting authors, etc. We've been focusing on
librarians and bloggers, and so far we have Colby Sharp, Travis Jonker, and
Ed Spicer."

We would imagine this person would have an active social media platform
that reaches out to kids and teens. In addition to teachers and librarians,
this could be a parent, bookseller, or ?

The reason I am reaching out to you is that our advisory board is hoping to
find other Michigan activists, esp. trying to get a more diverse round-up.
While I know all librarians are book advocates, we're hoping to find folks
that go above and beyond to touch the lives of kids. And we'd especially
like to connect with more women activists and people of color.  Any help
would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Shutta

*Shutta Crum*
*www.shutta.com <http://www.shutta.com/>*
*twitter.com/Shutta/ <http://twitter.com/Shutta/>*
*www.facebook.com/ShuttaCrum <http://www.facebook.com/ShuttaCrum>*

*MOUSELING'S WORDS (Coming 2017, Clarion)*
*WILLIAM AND THE WITCH'S RIDDLE (Alfred A. Knopf)*
*UH-OH! (Alfred A. Knopf)*
*DOZENS OF COUSINS (Clarion, HMH)*
*MINE! (Alfred A. Knopf)*
*THOMAS AND THE DRAGON QUEEN (Alfred A. Knopf)*

*BABIES & BOOKS! <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvFfYkDaEiQ&t=4s>*