[Michlib-l] PBS' POV Now Available For Free Library Screenings

White, Shannon (MDE) WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Mon May 1 16:55:10 EDT 2017

30th Anniversary Season of PBS' POV Now Available For Free Library Screenings

POV is television's longest-running showcase for independent nonfiction films, premiering 14-16 of the best, boldest and most innovative programs every year on PBS. The films are known for their intimacy, their unforgettable storytelling and their timeliness, putting a human face on contemporary social issues.

POV recently announced the new line-up of documentaries for our 30th season on PBS, which will premiere on June 26th. In a unique series special, POV will begin the season with five films that explore the ongoing Syrian war and refugee crisis, capturing this historical moment from the diverse vantage points of filmmakers from around the world.

These award-winning films are available to libraries for free through the POV Community Network. Along with a DVD of the film, POV provides a discussion guide and suggested reading list to help librarians facilitate community conversations and provide context for the film.

In addition to over 90 films from past POV seasons, documentaries from POV's upcoming season are available for sneak-preview screenings prior to their debut on PBS. Here's a link to a PDF with our new 30th Season line-up<https://pov-tc.pbs.org/pov/downloads/2017/pov-2017-season-30-press-release-april-2017.pdf> and dates screenings can begin. You can also watch the trailers here.<http://www.pbs.org/pov/discover/?season=2017&sort=oldest>

There are just a few quick steps to register a screening and borrow DVDs:

1.      Join the POV Community Network.<http://pov.org/communitynetwork> Check your inbox for a link to confirm your email address. A member of our team will approve your registration within 1 business day.

2.      Request: Once approved, log in to your account and click "My Events" to register a screening.

Questions? Email the POV Community Engagement and Education Team at events at pov.org<mailto:events at pov.org>  or call us at 212-989-8121<tel:(212)%20989-8121>.

--
Alice Quinlan
Community Engagement and Education Manager

http://pbs.org/pov
ph: (212) 989-8121 x318
fax: (212) 989-8230
aquinlan at pov.org<mailto:agallegos at pov.org>