[Michlib-l] Job Posting: Web Designer/Developer I or II, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI

Warren, Leslie A lwarren at nmu.edu
Tue May 9 17:16:50 EDT 2017

Web Designer/Developer I or II
Northern Michigan University
Northern Michigan University is seeking applications for a Web Designer/Developer I or II.  There is one position available and the level will be determined based upon the successful applicant's qualifications.  The Web Designer/Developer will design, implement, and maintain a responsive CMS-based website for the Olson Library. Develop web-based tools, applications and databases. Conduct some usability testing to improve the user experience. Provide similar support to personnel in other Academic Information Services units as needed. The Web Designer/Developer II will design, implement, and maintain a responsive CMS-based website for the Olson Library. Develop web-based tools, applications and databases. Assist with integrating 3rd party applications into new and existing websites/applications. Conduct a wide range of usability testing and utilize analytics to improve the user experience. Optimize, evaluate, and offer improvements for SEO. Provide similar support to personnel in other Academic Information Services units as needed.

Minimum qualifications: Associate Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related field. Web Designer/Developer I: One year of experience in web application development, programming or related field. Web Designer/Developer II: Bachelor's Degree in the above with three years of experience in web application development, programming or related field OR an Associate Degree with five years of experience in web application development, programming or related field.

Knowledge/skills/abilities required: Web Designer/Developer I and Web Designer Developer II: Experience working with PHP and MySQL. Experience using web and graphic design software. Knowledge of accessibility and web development standards. Strong communication, organizational and problem solving skills. Team oriented and the ability to work effectively with others. Web Designer/Developer I: Experience with HTML, JavaScript, and CSS. Knowledge of accessibility and web development standards. Web Designer/Developer II: Proficient with HTML, JavaScript, and CSS. Proficient writing SQL queries to extract, update, and format data. Experience with Drupal or other content management systems.

The position is traditionally Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm; some on-call work may be required. The targeted salary range is $39,040-$40,992 at the Web Designer/Developer I and $42,240-$44,352 at the Web Designer/Developer II.

Northern Michigan University, with 8,600 students and 180 degree programs, is located along the shore of Lake Superior in the vibrant, historic city of Marquette, consistently named a top spot in the nation to raise a family, vacation, and enjoy an excellent quality of life.  See more at www.nmu.edu/marquette<http://www.nmu.edu/marquette>.

Submit NMU staff application, cover letter, resume and a list of examples (with links) of web site design projects you have created.  All required application materials must be submitted electronically by May 29, 2017 utilizing our on-line application process by accessing https://employMe.nmu.edu.

NMU is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities, and is strongly committed to increasing diversity.

Mike Burgmeier
Head of Systems
Lydia M. Olson Library
Northern Michigan University