[Michlib-l] Special committees and open meetings

Nannette Miller erlib.director at gmail.com
Mon May 15 16:50:00 EDT 2017

Our Board of Trustees has put together a special Planning Committee charged
with working on the Strategic Plan that was developed a few years ago.
While two board members sit on the committee it is not a regular committee
of the board and they have one very specific task. The other members of the
committee are community members who are committed to improving the library.

There is a very negative group of folks in town who do not want the library
to succeed, or even exist. One of those people has heard of this committee
and wants to be notified when they meet and attend those meetings.

I probably cannot lock her, or anyone, out of the meetings, but do we have
to notify her of the meetings or allow public comment? We are not trying to
hide anything, and this Planning Committee will be holding public meetings
and forums as they proceed.

Thank you for your collective wisdom.

Nannette Miller

--