[Michlib-l] (no subject)

Battles, Calvin battlesc at myjdl.com
Mon Nov 6 11:37:01 EST 2017

Hello Michigan Public Library users,

Over the past 11 years, the Jackson District Library has hosted Larry Martin’s In Their Own Words at our Carnegie Branch.  If you have never seen this program, [ http://lmww2.com/ | Larry Martin's WWII In Their Own Words ] , I encourage you to have Larry come to your library; which he would love to do.  In Their Own Words has drawn between 80 and 150 attendees per event. An estimated 4,600 people have come to hear the reflections and experiences of WWII veterans that Larry has interviewed.
As our former director stated “We deeply appreciate the dedication shown by Mr. Larry Martin for bringing these stories alive and are honored to be a partner in his efforts. Larry brings a wealth of knowledge to the program and has recorded scores of interviews with veterans over the past ten years. He passionately reminds his audiences that the freedoms they now take for granted were earned through the hard sacrifices of many thousands of veterans who fought in World War II”.
I would be happy to answer any questions about Larry and his wonderful program.

Calvin Battles
Adult Services Coordinator
Jackson District Library

Carnegie Branch