[Michlib-l] MiALA 2018 Annual Conference Call for Presentation Proposals

Heather Ladiski ladiskih at mcls.org
Mon Nov 13 15:17:32 EST 2017

I am forwarding this message on behalf of the Michigan Academic Association (MiALA) Conference Planning Committee. Excuse posting to multiple lists. Please forward to anyone/group that you believe may benefit from receiving this information.

Thank you! - heather

Michigan Academic Library Association (MiALA) 2018 Annual Conference: Call for Presentation Proposals

SUSTAINABILITY IN ACADEMIC LIBRARIES

May 17-18, 2018

Kellogg Center at Michigan State University

East Lansing, MI

MiALA invites you and your colleagues to submit presentation proposals for the 3rd annual conference to be held May 17-18, 2018 in East Lansing. Please consider sharing your innovations, creative endeavors, and practical solutions for Sustainability in Academic Librarianship. How do we sustain ourselves within the profession? How do we sustain our libraries and institutions? How do we work (or what is our obligation) environmentally and socially? How do we sustain our community?

We welcome proposals in any topic related to the conference theme, including, but not limited to:

  *   Accessibility
  *   Administration
  *   Assessment and Evaluation
  *   Budgets
  *   Cataloging and Metadata
  *   Collections
  *   Distance or Online Learning
  *   Critical Librarianship
  *   Education and Curriculum
  *   Electronic Resources
  *   Instruction and Information Literacy
  *   Leadership
  *   Mid-Level Management
  *   Open Educational Resources
  *   Outreach
  *   Research Services or Reference
  *   Resource Sharing
  *   Technical Services
  *   Technology
  *   User Experience
  *   Web Development and Design

Participation from librarians, library staff, LIS students, and administrators from all types of academic libraries is encouraged.

Proposals for presentations, panels, workshops, or facilitated discussions (40 minutes), mini-presentations (20 minutes), or lightning talks (10 minutes) can be submitted using the online submission form<https://www.memberleap.com/members/form.php?orgcode=MALA&fid=1701925> and must be received by Friday, December 15, 2017. The primary contact listed on each proposal will receive a message indicating receipt of the proposal when it is submitted and decisions on all proposals will be communicated to the primary contact by Friday, January 26, 2018.

Questions about proposals can be sent to the Programming Coordinator, Christine Tobias (tobiasc at msu.edu). Questions about the conference in general can be sent to conference at miala.org<mailto:conference at miala.org>.