[Michlib-l] Toronto Public Library MAP Program To Lose Sponsor And Funding

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Fri Nov 17 12:31:17 EST 2017

At the end of 2018 Toronto Public Library's very popular MAP (Museum and Arts Pass) program will be facing the exact same challenge that our MAP (Museum Adventure Pass) program did in 2012: loss of its sponsor and along with it, all of its funding. Fortunately, with the support and encouragement of TLN Executive Director Jim Pletz not only were we able to re-work very expensive, not to mention back wrenching (have you ever unloaded, unpacked, sorted, and then distributed a semi-truck trailer load of 22 full pallets of boxes of printed promotional materials?) previously paper based MAP (Museum Adventure Pass) into much more cost effective, all online MAP (Michigan Activity Pass), we also expanded it from participating libraries in six counties to statewide, and increased the number of participating destinations by a factor of 15. Not bad!

In all seriousness, I hope TPL is able to either find a new sponsor, or re-invent its MAP program as we did ours. Their program started the same year ours did, in 2007, and it would be a shame to see it go by the wayside.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/11/16/toronto-librarys-popular-free-museum-and-arts-pass-program-loses-funding.html
http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/museum-arts-passes/

Jim

Jim Flury