[Michlib-l] Big Read Dearborn call for family recipes or stories

Henry Fischer hjfischer7 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 12:00:36 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

As part of our Big Read celebration of Jhumpa Lahiri's *The Namesake*,
we're sending out a call for family recipes or stories. This is open to all
ages and anyone is welcome to participate.

Details can be found at https://bigreaddearborn.org/call-for-entries/ (I’ve
attached the flyer).

Family recipes - here’s mainly what we’re looking for:

                -Recipes passed down from generation to generation, or

                -something Grandma (or Grandpa, or some relative) used to
make, or

                -any original family recipe

Family stories – here’s mainly what we’re looking for:

                -Immigrant stories

                -Name stories: do you have a funny or interesting story
about how you got your name? Or a story concerning your name or a
relative’s name in some way?

                -Family history – do you have a story you’d like to share
about Grandma or some other relative? It’s all part of the history.

                -Family tree: have you done any research on your family
tree? Got any interesting tidbits to share?

Length: 1-4 pages, double or single spaced. If it’s a little longer or
shorter, that’s fine too.

The deadline is *October 31, 2017*.

Hope you are considering submitting a family recipe or story! Please let me
know if you have any questions.

Thank you!

Best wishes,

Henry