[Michlib-l] Do you received the Library of Michigan's bimonthly newsletter?

Norris, Sonya (MDE) NorrisS2 at michigan.gov
Wed Oct 11 13:50:38 EDT 2017

Greetings Michigan Library Community,

The Library of Michigan publishes a bimonthly newsletter called the LM Dispatch. We reach a lot library workers, but we also reach many citizens who are interested in Michigan libraries. In addition we have good inroads with media outlets who have reporters or editors signed up to receive the newsletter. A survey of readers found that library success stories were highly valued and we aim to include multiple writers from the field speaking directly to their current activities in every issue.

You are invited to be both a reader of, and a writer for, the LM Dispatch. Do you have an innovative program or approach that you think other libraries could benefit from hearing about? I want to hear from you! Are you engaged in a community partnership or outreach effort that is working? I want to hear about it! Do you touch your patron's lives in ways that are unique for your area or your library size? I'm interested! Keep us in mind as you have successes at the local level. Other libraries are interested and we can help get the word out. Our subscriber list is double that of Michlib-l.

A typical issue of the Dispatch is made up of 8-10 short articles. Articles should be a minimum of 300 and maximum of 400 words. See here for past issues<http://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan/0,2351,7-160-19270_61915_66983---,00.html> if you'd like to read a few articles to get an idea of what we're looking for. You can also sign up to receive the Dispatch<https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/MILOM/subscriber/new> as new issues are released.

Please contact me with story ideas at norriss2 at michigan.gov<mailto:norriss2 at michigan.gov>. I'd be happy to work with you!

Sonya Schryer Norris

Library of Michigan
702 W. Kalamazoo St.