[Michlib-l] New LSTA Five-Year Plan for Michigan

Reish, Karren (MDE) ReishK at michigan.gov
Mon Oct 16 12:49:19 EDT 2017

The Library of Michigan's new Five-Year Plan has been accepted by the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS). As part of managing the LSTA funding that Michigan receives, the Library is required to have a Five-Year plan for the use of the funds. The plan explains how the Library of Michigan and Michigan libraries use the funds to achieve the goals of the LSTA legislation.

We received many comments through the surveys to library staff last fall about MeL and other statewide services. Other people participated in focus groups throughout the state. We appreciate all the time and insights offered by everyone.

We hope you'll take a look at the new plan<http://www.michigan.gov/documents/libraryofmichigan/2017-2022_Five-Year_Plan_for_Michigan_603501_7.pdf> and let us know what you think. You can also find it on the LSTA web page for the length of the plan - www.michigan.gov/lsta<http://www.michigan.gov/lsta>.

Karren Reish
Library Grants Coordinator
Library of Michigan
reishk at michigan.gov<mailto:reishk at michigan.gov>
517-241-0021
www.michigan.gov/lsta<http://www.michigan.gov/lsta>
www.michigan.gov/sl21<http://www.michigan.gov/sl21>

Nourishing Michigan's Future...during school and during the summer!  Find a Summer Food Service Program site nearest you and encourage Michigan's children to Meet Up and Eat Up!    www.michigan.gov/meetupeatup<http://www.michigan.gov/meetupeatup>

[cid:image002.png at 01D2CD53.CCC38130]