[Michlib-l] digital signage

Ellen Moore emoore at uproc.lib.mi.us
Mon Oct 16 14:21:40 EDT 2017

A few years back we purchased a digital brightboard that rotates a series
of posters on power point slides.  The slides are saved on a disc that is
swapped out from time to time with fresh posters.  The board is on a
pedestal that stands near our entry way.  Lately we've begun to question
whether or not it's looked at.  We thought to move it closer to the circ
desk, but the pedestal makes it awkward and there's no good place to plunk
it where it will be both readable and not something people would trip
over.

Now we are considering investing in something with a larger display that
could be mounted on a wall and that could do more, perhaps stream high
interest news coverage when big things were happening.

Does anyone have something in place like this that they like and would
recommend?

Has anyone gone this route only to discover they don't like it?

Off list replies will be compiled and posted.

Thank you!
Ellen Moore
Web Developer
Peter White Public Library