[Michlib-l] Job Posting: Librarian I Adult Services part-time

Neff-rohs, Ann neffrohsa at myjdl.com
Thu Oct 19 12:45:36 EDT 2017

Greetings,

Jackson District Library has an opening for a 28 hour/week Adult Services Librarian at our Carnegie location. To read the details of the posting and access our job portal, please visit our website<https://myjdl.applicantpro.com/jobs/649923.html>. This posting closes on Thursday, October 26.

LIBRARIAN I Adult Services
Carnegie Branch
Hours: 28 hours/week
Salary: $19.07/HR
Reports to: Adult Services Coordinator
Position open: September 18, 2017
APPLY BY: October 26, 2017

JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Jackson District Library is seeking a talented Adult Services librarian to work at the Carnegie Branch. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic individual who is outgoing, enthusiastic, energetic and has a passion for services and programming for all ages. This candidate will also be an engaging individual who brings innovative ideas, takes initiative, and seeks to expand collaborations and partnerships throughout our community.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:

  *   Serves the public through personal and telephone contact, providing materials, information and other services available through the department
  *   Responsible for specific areas of collection development as assigned
  *   Assists in training in all areas of the department
  *   Contributes to the expansion of library collections through recommendations for materials, procedural alternatives, and changes consistent with changing technology
  *   Responsible for knowing and following system procedures and policies
  *   Performs work responsibilities in all areas of the department
  *   Contributes to the overall effectiveness of the department and the library system
  *   Performs other reasonably related duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required
QUALIFICATIONS:

  *   Possession of a MLS or the equivalent from an ALA-accredited college or university or have been accepted in a Library Science Program, or equivalent. In the latter circumstances, the Employee must: Have some work toward Master's Degree completed, remain enrolled in the Master's Program as a condition of employment

  *   Make steady progress toward completion in each division of the academic year
  *   Experience in reference and readers' advisory work
  *   Knowledge of contemporary library purposes, policies and methods
  *   Familiarity with computers and database search techniques
  *   Ability to organize personal work responsibilities with minimal supervision
  *   Ability to greet and work with the public in a pleasant courteous manner
  *   Ability to establish and maintain a good working relationship with fellow employees as well as with the public
  *   Ability to analyze problems, make decisions, and communicate with administrative staff
  *   Ability to lift, push, and pull 15 pounds or more as designated
  *   Ability to calculate and compile statistical data
  *   Good communication skills both verbal and written
  *   Willingness to work evening, Saturday and Sunday work schedules

EOE

Have a great day!

Ann Neff-Rohs
Carnegie Branch Manager