[Michlib-l] Library Shelving Advice

CDL Director director at mycdl.org
Mon Oct 30 14:07:17 EDT 2017

One of our library branches that shares space in township hall, including
township offices and fire hall will be moving into a new facility next
Spring.  This is exciting for the community; however the price of new
shelves is not affordable for the library budget.   Does anyone have
information for a type of commercial liquidating company that may have a
large inventory of used library or bookstore shelves?  Or are there any
libraries planning on renovating a large area, or building a new facility
and selling shelves?  We would like to have the shelving match as much as
possible.

The new library space is around 800 square feet and we likely would need
more wall units and a few free standing shelves.  We still need to
configure where furniture will go based on the space we have been given,
but would like to look at our options sooner that later.

Please email me any information off list.

Thank you,

Jami Cromley
Director
Community District Library