[Michlib-l] Upcoming *FREE* Webinars from the Library of Michigan

Lancaster, Catherine (MDE) LancasterC5 at michigan.gov
Thu Sep 7 12:17:19 EDT 2017

*New* Teen Clubs<https://www.solutionwhere.com/WW/Aspx/Public/Search/ShowCourse.aspx?courseNum=99&cId=67&pCId=0>: on Tuesday, November 14th, at 2:00 PM
Want to keep the momentum going after a successful teen event? That "one off" can easily be turned into a popular monthly club that will keep young adults coming back. "Club Programs for Teens: 100 Activities for the Entire Year" authors Amy Alessio and Heather Booth will tell you how.  Presenters are Heather Booth, co-editor of "The Whole Library Handbook: Teen Services," and Amy Alessio, co-author of the bestsellers "A Year of Programs for Teens" and "A Year of Programs for Teens 2."

Adapted Sensory Programming for All Ages & All Budgets<https://www.solutionwhere.com/WW/Aspx/Public/Search/ShowCourse.aspx?courseNum=97&cId=67&pCId=0>: on Tuesday, September 19th, at 2:00 PM
This past June, librarians from across the state responded to our survey of libraries offering adapted programming to children, teens, and adults with special needs. We will talk about the survey results, highlighting specific on-site and outreach programs for each age group. Participants will get an overview of what adapted programming is, what other libraries (of all sizes!) are doing to reach out to this underserved population, gain some insight on what has worked and/or not worked, and learn some tips to get started.  With presenters: Jen Taggart of Bloomfield Township Public Library, Laura Hollister & Sarah Skinner of Niles District Library, and Marta-Kate Jackson of Cromaine District Library.
Every Child Ready to Read Webinar Series<https://www.solutionwhere.com/WW/Aspx/Public/Search/ShowCourse.aspx?courseNum=84&cId=67&pCId=0> with Sue McCleaf Nespeca:

  *   Tuesday, October 3, 2017:  Working with Early Childhood Educators & Volunteers in Early Literacy Learning<https://www.solutionwhere.com/WW/Aspx/Public/Search/ShowCourse.aspx?courseNum=84&cId=67&pCId=0>
  *   Tuesday, November 28, 2017: Every Child Ready to Read in Michigan wrap-up!<https://www.solutionwhere.com/WW/Aspx/Public/Search/ShowCourse.aspx?courseNum=84&cId=67&pCId=0>

All webinars will be from 2 pm to 3 pm ET. All webinars will be recorded and posted on our WEBINAR ARCHIVES<http://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan/0,2351,7-160-18668_63014-301245--,00.html> page once they are made closed captioned. If a date or time is inconvenient, you can register in order to get a link to the recording emailed directly to you.
Coming soon...
Best Storytime Practices: a webinar series on storytelling with Michigan's own Jenifer Strauss!

Cathy Lancaster

Youth Services Coordinator
Library of Michigan
702 W. Kalamazoo St.