[Michlib-l] Libraries Read: 1 Book 2018

Jan Davidson davidsonj at mcls.org
Mon Apr 2 10:02:31 EDT 2018

Thanks to all who have been submitting titles this year's Libraries Read: 1 Book! Please keep those submissions coming!

Libraries Read: 1 Book is an annual project of MCLS, a "library community read" focused on professional development. Library staff from all types of libraries are encouraged to participate by voting on which book should be selected, then participate in the discussion, whether online or in-person. We will join together, across state lines and library types, to read and discuss the same book.

Submit titles for 2018 Libraries Read: 1 Book!

Last year's process of inviting YOU, our community, to submit titles for consideration was such a success, we'd like to do it again! We hope that by opening the submission process to a wide group of library professionals, we'll discover the perfect book to read together!

How this works:

  *   Go to the Google title submission form<https://goo.gl/forms/DyQuSWQv3AULUpwn2> and submit one or two titles for consideration. Submissions will be accepted until Monday, April 16, 2018.
  *   MCLS staff will consider all submissions and narrow the list to four titles. We will then ask for votes on our Facebook page in early May. We'll tally the votes and announce the selected title near the beginning of June.
  *   Once the title has been selected, start reading! MCLS will announce the Twitter chat and other discussions to take place in August 2018.

We look forward to getting your title submissions over the next couple of weeks!
Read more here<https://www.mcls.org/engagement/libraries-read-1-book/>!
https://www.mcls.org/engagement/libraries-read-1-book/

Jan Davidson
Administrative Assistant, Member Engagement
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (MCLS)
Phone: 517-492-3811 / toll-free 800-530-9019 x111
davidsonj at mcls.org<mailto:davidsonj at mcls.org>

Check out the MCLS Training Calendar at: https://store.mcls.org/
[facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/mcls.org>     [twitter] <https://twitter.com/mclsorg>       [square-logo-1 (002)] <http://www.mcls.org/>