[Michlib-l] Utilizing space

FRU Director frudir at llcoop.org
Sat Apr 7 12:46:45 EDT 2018

Hello, everyone.

I have a question for those of you who have small, two-story buildings.  I
have a two-story building.  The top floor holds the collection, and is
nearly full.  The bottom floor is currently unused; but people in the
community have been asking whether it is available for use.  There will soon
be a need for inside programming, which our top floor cannot currently

My question is how have you utilized your limited space?  Would you describe
your layout?  Where are your collections located?  How do you handle inside
programming?  Have you made any of the area multi-purpose use?  I would
greatly appreciate hearing how other libraries utilize their limited space.
Thank you.

Adam DeWitt
Fruitport District Library
frudir at llcoop.net