[Michlib-l] FW: Full Time Youth & Teen Librarian Position @ CIDL

Bill Bowman bowmanb at cidlibrary.org
Tue Apr 17 11:14:31 EDT 2018

Forgot to add the text of the description into the email body. Here we go again!

Full-time Youth and Teen Services Librarian
Hours: 40 hours per week, includes some weekends and evenings
Salary: $37,000 to $48,000 depending on qualifications and experience
Benefits: Health, dental, optical insurance; disability and life insurance; vacation, sick and personal days;
retirement plan.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Working as part of the Youth Services Team, develop collections for teens
* Under the direction of the Department Head, collaborate with community organizations to promote library
services
* Coordinate with the Youth Services Team to design a variety of activities that promote the use of the library by
tweens and teens allowing for a continuum of library use across the age span.
* Maintain and cultivate relationships with the public schools, private schools and local teachers
* Work with Head of Children's and Teens services to update the Teen Services portion of the website
* Provide library outreach services to the local public and private schools
* Assist with Youth Services Department programs for younger patrons as needed
* Assist patrons of all ages in obtaining information in a variety of formats
* Provide readers' advisory services to patrons of all ages
* Instruct patrons individually and in small groups in the use of library resources and equipment
Required Qualifications
* MLIS from an ALA accredited institution
* At least one year of experience working with teens and enthusiastic commitment to teen services
* Desire and ability to provide excellent customer service inside and outside of the library
* Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to work independently or as a team leader
* Public library/information desk experience
* Experience working with ILS, Polaris preferred
* Collection development experience
* Knowledge of popular print and audio-visual materials for teens
Reports to: Head of Children's and Teen Services
To apply please send resume, cover letter and three professional references to:
Tracy Bedford
Head of Children's and Teen Services
bedfordt at cidlibrary.org
Deadline to apply is Tuesday May 1, 2018

[Bill_2]