[Michlib-l] MeL Minute: New Members on the MeLCat Advisory Committee

Norris, Sonya (MDE) NorrisS2 at michigan.gov
Thu Apr 19 13:37:58 EDT 2018

Greetings Michigan Library Community,

The MeLCat Advisory Committee has new members and several of them have taken a moment to introduce themselves to you. Welcome new members!

Jill Wioskowski, a graduate of Wayne State University, absolutely loves all things MeLCat and is beginning her 2nd term on the committee. She brings to the table small and rural library perspective and experience (class 1-3 libraries) as she has worked as a Director at Deckerville Public Library and Millington Arbela District Library. In April, she begins her new position as a Librarian at Dearborn Heights Public Library. Fun fact: Wioskowski has the cover of Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury tattooed on her leg.

Jill C. Wioskowski, MLIS

Library Director

Millington Arbela District Library

I'm the Head of Reference and Adult Services, and the guy who handles most of our MeLCat.  I love that because of MeLCat our patrons have access to materials that they otherwise wouldn't be able to get through the library system.  What's even more gratifying to me, though, is to be able to give a bigger audience to the offbeat items we have that aren't widely held.

Ed Burns

Head of Reference and Adult Services

Ferndale Area District Library

My name is Anita Chouinard. I am the Circulation Coordinator at the Woodmere branch of the Traverse Area District Library (TADL). One of my duties is being the "MeLCat expert" for TADL. I joined the MeLCat Advisory Committee because I want to work with other libraries to help find ways to improve MeLCat for everyone. I hope to learn from those who have been on the committee for a while and to also bring a fresh perspective as a new member. This experience will allow me to better help TADL staff, and our patrons.

Anita Chouinard

Circulation Coordinator

Traverse Area District Library

Hello, I'm Joelle Hannert, Coordinator of Tech Services at Northwestern Michigan College Library! I've just been appointed to my second term as a member of the MeLCat Advisory Committee. I'm so proud of the work that MeLCat does, especially in equalizing access to information for library users. As part of the committee, I'm looking forward to advising on cataloging issues that will improve the MeLCat database.
Joelle Hannert
Library Technical Services Coordinator
Northwestern Michigan College

My name is Abigayle Quinlan, and I am Interlibrary Loan Manager for Cheboygan Area Public Library. I have worked at the library for two years now, stepping up into this position six months ago. I am still getting my footing here, but I hope that on this committee I can be part of the drive pushing MeLCat forward into greater things!

Abigayle Quinlan

Interlibrary Loan

Cheboygan Area Public Library

Hello!  My name is Denise Dorantes and I am delighted join the MeLCat Advisory Committee as one of its newly appointed members.  I have worked in a variety of library settings over the years, including public, academic and special libraries.  I am currently employed with the Dearborn Public Library as an Adult Services Librarian and MeLCat Services Coordinator.  I am looking forward to the opportunity to collaborate with fellow committee members from such a wide range of backgrounds in order to promote and improve statewide resource sharing among all types of Michigan libraries.
Denise Dorantes
Adult Services Librarian and MeLCat Services Coordinator
Dearborn Public Library

Want more information on MeL?  Stay tuned for the next MeL Minute available on many Michigan library listservs, email us at contact at mel.org<mailto:contact at mel.org>,  visit http://mel.org<http://mel.org/>, or sign up for the MeL Minute and other Library of Michigan e-mail lists via GovDelivery<https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/MILOM/subscriber/new>. We encourage you to share MeL Minutes with your colleagues and networks.

Sonya Schryer Norris

Library of Michigan
702 W. Kalamazoo St.
Lansing, MI 48909