[Michlib-l] ALSC/UW/KSU survey: Young Children, New Media and Libraries, 2018

Lancaster, Cathy (MDE) LancasterC5 at michigan.gov
Mon Aug 6 09:19:07 EDT 2018

Please consider selecting a staff member to complete the survey detailed below for ALSC/UW/KSU.
Thanks,
Cathy Lancaster

Youth Services Coordinator
Library of Michigan
702 W. Kalamazoo St.
Lansing, MI 48915
LancasterC5 at michigan.gov<mailto:LancasterC5 at michigan.gov> | 517-335-8129 | www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan<http://www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan>
Follow us: Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/libraryofmichigan/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/libraryofmich> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/libraryofmichigan/>

Sharing on behalf of the Young Children, New Media 2018 Research Team:

Greetings,

In partnership with the Association for Library Service to Children, the University of Washington, and Kent State University, a team of researchers (J. Elizabeth Mills, Katie Campana, Claudia Haines, and Marianne Martens) has created a survey entitled "Young Children, New Media and Libraries, 2018," and we would greatly appreciate your library's participation. This is an updated version of the survey we offered in 2014.

Libraries continue to be on the cutting edge of incorporating many different kinds of new media devices [tablets, e-readers/tablets, digital recording devices, MP3 players, children's tablets, etc.] into their branches and programming. We are keenly interested in examining the changing map of this landscape across the United States. We also want to hear from you regarding the ways in which you share technology with young children and their caregivers, your attitudes about that sharing, and any evaluation you do of new media for young children and their caregivers. You will inform our research and help us better understand the scope, challenges, and next steps for libraries regarding new media use.

We would like one library worker from your branch who is able to answer questions regarding your library's use of new media to complete this survey. We anticipate the survey will take about 30 minutes to complete. Here is the link: https://kent.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ehfN97VDS3wI4mh<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkent.qualtrics.com%2Fjfe%2Fform%2FSV_ehfN97VDS3wI4mh&data=02%7C01%7Clancasterc5%40michigan.gov%7C30f9cc9f1cdd4b0a176308d5f97e5810%7Cd5fb7087377742ad966a892ef47225d1%7C0%7C0%7C636689243392924831&sdata=VmoD5EppgQuQIDTs7op1XCgHPxbWLLRZoSMsNAVzyOo%3D&reserved=0>.

Please be assured that the information you provide through this survey will be kept confidential and will be analyzed in aggregate; no information that could reasonably identify you or your library will be included in any publications or public dissemination of the collected data. Participation in this survey is voluntary. You may withdraw your participation at any time without loss of benefits to which you are otherwise entitled. We believe that participation in this survey poses no greater risk than those experienced in everyday life. The survey will remain open until August 31, 2018.

If you would be open to future contact from us regarding your responses, please provide your name and email at the end of the survey. This information will be kept confidential and shared only with the research team for the purposes of future interviews. If you have any questions about this survey, please contact Alena Rivers, Deputy Director, ALSC at arivers at ala.org<mailto:arivers at ala.org> For more information, visit https://sites.google.com/view/ycnml18/home<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsites.google.com%2Fview%2Fycnml18%2Fhome&data=02%7C01%7Clancasterc5%40michigan.gov%7C30f9cc9f1cdd4b0a176308d5f97e5810%7Cd5fb7087377742ad966a892ef47225d1%7C0%7C0%7C636689243392924831&sdata=MCjcpk5OsNK6r%2BCBQ1MbYEPoNMzYNxGfUzlSmvQFl8Y%3D&reserved=0>.

Sincerely, and with much thanks,
YCNML 2018 Team