[Michlib-l] Time's running out to MIX it up! Deadline to register for the MIX conference is tomorrow!!

heather at miala.org heather at miala.org
Thu Aug 9 09:45:57 EDT 2018

Time’s running out to register for the MIX Conference.  The deadline to register is tomorrow, Friday, August 10!

Let's talk about Connections. How do we connect with each other, our students, our campuses, and beyond?

​

Join us for a day of learning and connecting with colleagues on August 17, 2018 at the Mott Community College Library in Flint!

Dr. Reva Curry, Vice-President for Instruction and Learning Services at Delta College, will keynote the day with Connections:  Emerging Relationships between College Librarians, Faculty, Staff and Administration.

We have a great line up!  See below for the Agenda

9:00 - 9:30 am                   Registration/Networking/Coffee Time

9:30 - 9:45 am                   Welcome

9:45 - 10:30 am                 Keynote Address - Dr. Reva Curry

10:30 - 11:15 am              Panel Discussion

Alexandra Rivera, University of Michigan

Dawn Winans, Kettering University

11:30 am - 12:30 pm       Breakout Session 1

The Story of the Assignment that Works: Connecting Students, Faculty, and Librarians to Campus...They Changing the World <https://www.miala.org/mix_conference_2018.php#the>  - Ferris State University

OR

Building Stronger Bridges: Holistic Engagement and Multi-directional Mentorship with a Summer Student Success Program <https://www.miala.org/mix_conference_2018.php#building>  - University of Michigan, Ann Arbor

12:30 - 1:15 pm                 Networking lunch (included in registration)

1:15 - 2:15 pm                   Breakout Session 2

How a Strategic Library Instruction Plan Can Help Build Stronger and More Effective Connections with Faculty and Students <https://www.miala.org/mix_conference_2018.php#how>  - Cornerstone University

OR

Flipping the Engineering Library Instruction Session <https://www.miala.org/mix_conference_2018.php#flipping>  - Western Michigan University

2:15 - 2:30 pm                   Cookie Break

2:30 - 3:30 pm                   Breakout Session 3

Connecting with Students Through Instructional Design: Using Chunking, Scaffolding, and Collaborative Learning to Teach ALA Style to Dual-Enrolled Students <https://www.miala.org/mix_conference_2018.php#connecting>  - Davenport University

OR

Transitioning from Face-to-Face to Synchronous and Asynchronous Online Library Instruction: The Case of the Plagiarism Workshop <https://www.miala.org/mix_conference_2018.php#transitioning>  - University of Michigan, Flint

3:30 - 3:45 pm                   Wrap up

All for the low cost of $20 for MiALA members, $40 for non-MiALA members, & free for LIS students!

Brought to you, in part, by the Instruction and Information Literacy Interest Group <https://www.memberleap.com/projects/moreinfo.php?org_id=MALA&pid=2527997>  of MiALA and the staff of the Mott Community College Library <https://www.mcc.edu/library/lib_index.shtml> !

For more information: https://www.miala.org/mix_conference_2018.php