[Michlib-l] Beginning to Read/Easy Reader Collections

Nicole Gillies gilliesn at btpl.org
Sat Aug 11 12:43:41 EDT 2018

I am curious to hear more about how other libraries are organizing their Beginning to Read/Easy Reader collections. In doing some research, I've found some libraries have a color coded system designating general reading levels for easy browsing, some libraries have books shelved by publisher, and others have switched from the spine out shelving method for cover out shelving so patrons can see the reading levels as they go. Just a few examples that I've come across. Considering your collection, what have you found works best (or worst) for your library? If anyone would also like a compilation of responses, I would be happy to oblige.

Thank you in advance for your time,
Nicole Gillies, MLIS
Youth Services Librarian
Bloomfield Township Public Library