[Michlib-l] Free Online Mini-Conference: Social Crisis Management in a 21st Century World

Atkin, Evette (MDE) AtkinE at michigan.gov
Tue Aug 14 17:14:23 EDT 2018

Greetings!

Check out SJSU's 3rd Library 2.018 mini-conference: Social Crisis Management in a 21st Century World (Wednesday, October 17 from 3:00-6:00PM Eastern.

Our human condition has changed dramatically and has implications for libraries of all types on a global scale. Food insecurity and hunger, housing policies and homelessness, violence, mental health service needs, social, economic, educational and racial equity, substance abuse and drug overdose - all of these and many more challenges impact the people who frequent our libraries - as customers, students, faculty, and staff. Operational decisions continue to be influenced by social concerns. Join us for a series of conversations on how libraries have developed, responded, and championed programs and services to address some of these social crises and learn about outcomes. What's the new normal for libraries in this world of social and economic disparity? Has it altered or enhanced our core mission?

We invite all library professionals, employers, LIS students, and educators to participate in this event.

For more information, or to register, visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/library-2018-social-crisis-management-in-a-21st-century-world-registration-46336082470.

Evette M. Atkin
Continuing Education Coordinator
Library of Michigan